Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pleurisy?

About a month and a half ago I started having strange tightness in my chest during *ahem* "amorous encounters"... It didn't happen every time and went away quickly so I ignored it.
Then about a month ago I was out cutting wood and felt the same tightness. Over the next couple weeks it happened more and more frequently until I got to the point where I really couldn't exert myself without pain.
I got in to see the doc (when I explained the pain his receptionist FREAKED) who put me on a blood pressure pill (which I needed anyway) and sent me for tests. Blood work and a chest x-ray didn't show anything (except high-ish cholesterol) so I got a stress test which also apparently didn't show anything.
At this point I've ruled out my heart. I'm pretty much too young for heart disease and all the heart related tests are negative. Several people have suggested pleurisy which is an inflammation of the pleura which is the lining between your lungs and chest wall. Everything I've read makes it sound just like what I've got.

Which of course means I've got Elbonian sheep flu...

No comments: