Sunday, March 4, 2018

New Rifle!

I was surprised to find that my last post (Time for a new rifle) was very controversial. Apparently lots of folks thought I just don't know how to load my gun or how to use it. It was interesting to note that none of the "experts" had any experience what so ever with a CVA Buckhorn but thats how it goes.

Anyway last week we attended The Ancient Ones of Maine show in Augusta, Maine, I went with the intention of bringing home a side lock gun, preferably in .54 with a preference for a Thompson Center model.


As you can see in the picture I ended up with a TC Renegade in .54. The bores perfect, the wood is good although if you look just behind the barrel wedge you can see where somebody must have clamped it in a vice and squeezed it. It doesn't detract from the functionality of the gun and theres lots of meat in the stock, I could potentially sand/file the mark out.

So just a quick update for now, I also scored several hundred conical bullets, a couple boxes of the excellent Hornady Great Plains bullets in .50 and a large box of .54 bullets of some unknown manufacture, probably home cast but they look good and the price was very good. I'll let you know more when I get a chance to shoot it.

No comments: