Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Best BBQ ever!


I don't know if I've mentioned my friend Jon Bushaw before but back in 2017 when we ran the ICCC convention he cooked for the early arrivals dinner. I don't remember when we first met but it was at one of the cabin gatherings, 2015 maybe. Anyway Jon is an artist with a smoker, his attention to detail makes his product absolutely unrivaled. So I was super excited when Jon announced he was opening a food truck.


Located in Swanzy, NH Jon is setup in a big parking lot. I've never seen him not have a customer at the window. I usually have to wait a couple minutes when I arrive and theres always somebody waiting when I'm done. He tells me his signature brisket always sells out.


And the brisket is fantastic! Here with potatoes and coleslaw. His slaw has a little bit of heat to it, and unusual flavor thats really great.


For Christmas with my mother's family I asked Jon to do sirloin, there were actually two of these roasts. The meat just melted in your mouth, it was so good.



This was Valentine's day at our house, 3 servings of brisket to share.

Anyway, if you're in south western New Hampshire, south eastern Vermont or north central Massachusetts you owe it to yourself to go get some BBQ from Jon. Tell him Curt sent you!

No comments: