Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What to do?

So I've got this bachelor party camping/whitewater rafting trip to go on in August and while I own plenty of camping equipment I don't have a tent...
I was at Kmart the other day and they have a 3 person tent for $30. That seems like a screaming deal but ever the conscientious shopper I searched online today. The $30 tent has reasonably good reviews for what it is but nothing outstanding as you'd expect. Then I stumbled upon this:
The Eureka Timberline 4 which they've made since forever. Ed Ostrander and I spent many a night in his Timberline back when I was in Boy Scouts and its a heckuva tent. If I buy one I can be assured it'll take us on camping trips way into the future.
I say us because I don't really need to buy a tent at all, Matt seems to have the whole tent situation worked out but theres something nice about staying in your own tent, shifting around the way you want to shift around, not getting bumped, etc... I'm also thinking that with a tent Angie and I could take Buster camping a couple times a year. Yeah I've got a camp in Maine but its an 8 hour drive to get up there and theres lots of camping opportunities closer to home that I'm interested in trying out.

So the question is, buy the cheap tentand hope its adequate or buy the really good tent and hope its good enough to justify the expense of 4 of the cheap tents...

No comments: