Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wow

Samantha is one of the coolest people I know, she's also the largest person I know, well over half again my weight. Actually in January she was over double my weight, but heres the thing, she's on a mission to lose it and her method is to publicly out herself, she's started a blog in which she actually posted the numbers. Thats the wow part, not what the number is but that she had the guts to post it...

So here we go, I'm 6 feet tall, I weight ~207 (206 and change yesterday morning) which according to the charts is ~40 pounds over weight. I think the charts are crazy at 165 I'd be skinny as a rail. I was about to write that I don't want that but honestly I've never been skinny as a rail and I have no idea what it'd be like...

When I got out of college in '99 I was around 210-215. When I started my second job after college in 2001 I was more like 250... Its taken me almost 10 years to get rid of that weight so I know what Samantha is up against.

My goal is to get under 200, I don't have the slightest idea the last time I was that light, early in high school I'd guess. "under 200" isn't a very good goal so for practical purposes I'm saying 190. I'm down ~4 pounds this year and I've got 17 more to go!

1 comment:

sheissparkling said...

Haha- man you posted this FAST! Thanks for the support - I can't believe how encouraging people have been! ;)

I agree - 165 would make you a beanpole!

Good luck!
*S