Thursday, January 20, 2011

Owww! Dammit!

You know you're getting old when you start having medical maladies you Dad (or Mum I guess) should be the one having. Specifically I've got gout.
Gout is a build up of uric acid in your blood which then crystalizes in your joints. Yeah its just as much fun as it sounds like... For me my right foot swells up and gets crunchy and sore. It was the worst a week ago when I couldn't walk without crutches. I went to the ER, they gave me some pills and the next day I was much better.
Fast forward to this week and I've managed to set it off again. Apparently thats pretty common, yay... The ER is much too expensive and is really the wrong venue for this sort of thing and its difficult to get in to the doctor's office with my schedule so I'm thinking to try a CVS minute clinic. Theres one right on my way home...

No comments: