Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Ford 1920 Hydraulic oil dipstick

 


Remember this guy? I was reminded the other day that I'd made a promise to somebody on Reddit to post about the location of the hydraulic oil dipstick. I'd looked all over the machine and couldn't find it. The filler is really obvious on the back of the machine above the 3 point hitch but the dipstick was apparently missing. I finally bought the owners manual and discovered:


What we're looking at here is the floor in front of the operators feet. The bar going across is the parking brake lever. That little knob in the top center of the picture is the top of the dipstick. I'd dismissed it as a vent cover. Its rubber and needs to be pulled on pretty hard. The panel just in front of it is pretty tight too, a knuckle buster for sure...

Hopefully somebody else who has a 1920 and can't find the hydraulic dipstick will see this post and be helped.

No comments: