Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Struttin some more

 Just a quick one today, remember a couple months ago when I had to replace the struts on my Jetta? Well for the last month or so the 2005 VW Golf has had a funny rattle when going over bumps. At first I thought it was the exhaust, the heat shield around the muffler had failed. I wrapped that with wire but it didn't help. I spent a bunch of time under the car wiggling things and found nothing until I finally took a wheel off.



That, friends, is half a coil off the passenger side spring. It was just laying in the spring perch. When going over bumps it would rattle. It's loss doesn't seem to affect the car at all so I'm leaving it out. If I have to I'll replace the struts but for now it doesn't seem like it matters. I'm glad, it's a bear of a job...

No comments: