Monday, November 3, 2008

Talking to a car dealer

Just got a call back from the dealership where I test drove the Colorado last week. He was sort of beating around the bushes as it were and I came out with that I thought his price on the Colorado was kind of high, remember I'd checked the blue book and all. Turns out its already sold and he commented that he didn't like people calling his prices high, acted kind of upset with the whole thing. He also told me the Colorado is sold and delivered so their price couldn't have been that bad.

I'm a lousy negotiator. I bought my Dakota for list price and then bought the two Mercedes on eBay so I didn't have to negotiate on them. The best I've ever done is at Meineke getting brakes and exhaust and all and thats just me saying "you can do better than that" and taking whatever he says for his next price. I doubt I've really hurt Rick's (the salesman) feelings but I bet he knows that I won't push as hard if we enter into negotiation on some other vehicle...

I hate this, I love getting a new vehicle I just don't love BUYING a new vehicle. If one could just magically appear that'd be awesome... Rick did say they have an '05 Dakota for considerably less money than the Colorado. I consider the Dakota to be more truck too... Thats 9 years newer than my Dakota, it has 180,000 fewer miles too. I may have to go check it out.

I just checked, the '07 Colorado is still on their website. Do you suppose they have 2 '07 blue Chevy Colorado's with 40,000 miles and the Z71 package? Or maybe they're just slow to update the website.

Make sure you VOTE tomorrow!

No comments: