Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rumors of my demise

"Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" - Mark Twain

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday. Ostensibly this was a "checkup" but in reality it was "what did the stress test reveal?" and the answer there is nothing...
So basically my heart is fine, something else is wrong. He gave me some big words that boil down to "inflammation and pain" whoop-dee doo doc, print that one on your sign. So he put me on naproxin which is an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever. If that helps (ie the pain gets better) it means that I've got a muscle strain somewhere. If it doesn't I dunno...

He also changed out my blood pressure medication. I was well pleased with that as Metaprolo knocks the wind out of me. I was needing naps basically every day which is just out of control... The new pill is just a dieuretic and shouldn't bug me so bad, plus I only have to take it once a day so I'm much less likely to forget...

No comments: