Some times you're the Louisville Slugger, some times you're the ball.
The clutch for my '71 Arctic Cat Panther 303W came in so yesterday I figured I'd get that installed along with the second crank seal. Started working on the crank seal and realized that when I'd first tried to install it not only had I rolled the seal but I'd torn it. Oops, time to order a new seal.
Then I figured I'd pull the magneto off the '78 Pantera engine. I bought a harmonic balancer puller for the Panther but the Pantera engine uses much smaller bolts. I bought the correct size bolts but just managed to ruin the bolts. Turns out theres another type of puller just for that kind of flywheel, well at least I already had to place an order...
Finally I needed to make a new pin for the Cub Cadet plow pivot lock. This allows me to keep the plow in any of 3 positions. The original bolt had broken so I'd been using a spike which finally broke. I bought another bolt and to facilitate getting the bolt back out I decided to weld two washers onto the top of it to make a handle.
You can see where I ground the threads off the end of the bolt. Thats a 9/16x6" bolt, it turns out the bottom hole is probably 1/2" while the top is rounded out to 9/16". I should probably take the plow off, weld up the top hole a little and bore it to 1/2" or just bore the bottom one out to 9/16". Either way some summer I need to replace the sheet steel of the plow body, I'll do both jobs at the same time.
Here's the bolt in place:
I should have turned it some more to make it easier to see. I should also get a washer to go under the head which would make it sit a little higher and allow it to rotate a little more to relieve a little stress. Of course if I do that I'll weld it to the head so it doesn't fall off when I pull the bolt out.