Monday, September 29, 2008

Another rental car

You might remember back in June I was raving about the Hyundai Elantra I had for a rental car. Here I am again in Burbank, California and this time I've got a Ford Focus.

Search around you Youtube for a bit and you should find Hamster reviewing it when the new Focus came out. I'm a fan of the old Focus, I had one for a rental way back in '01 (nearly this same time of year too) and loved it. This one I'm totally under entralled with...

Of course the big issue is Avis stuck me in a base model. Lesson learned, take the 9:30am flight from Boston to Long Beach. This car hasn't got a sunroof, hasn't got satellite radio although it teases with its "Sirrius" button, and it hasn't got a remote door unlocker.
It does have a bucket of power with all the torque steer you could want. From a dead stop of you really mash the pedal it'll squirm to the right so hard you'd think it was an inline engine...
Its also got the world's worst headrests. Your head isn't allowed to tilt back at all which I find quite uncomfortable...

All in all an entirely forgettable ride...

No comments: